This easy recipe is the perfect dessert for a weeknight supper. Find our Homemade Pumpkin Spice recipe here.
Pumpkin Spice Skillet Cookie
Yield: approximately 4 servings
Write a review
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats, divided
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup butterscotch morsels
- Garnish: butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, Homemade Pumpkin Spice, baking powder, and salt. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in ½ cup oats. Press half of dough into bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with half of cranberries and half of butterscotch. Top with spoonfuls of remaining dough. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons oats, remaining cranberries, and remaining butterscotch.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 45 minutes. (Loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.) Let cool 15 minutes. Garnish with butterscotch, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/