You’ll be the envy of the bake sale with this richly spiced Bundt Cake. Find our Homemade Pumpkin Spice recipe here.
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⅓ cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Homemade Pumpkin Spice, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar, Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and salt; beat at high speed 10 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, flour, 1 teaspoon Homemade Pumpkin Spice, and baking powder. Beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together pecans, remaining ⅓ cup brown sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons Homemade Pumpkin Spice.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter. Top with remaining batter. Using a knife, pull blade back and forth through batter to swirl. Smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Place in a cold oven. Bake at 300° until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar and Homemade Pumpkin Spice, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/