Make a batch of this Pumpkin-Seed Trail Mix, packed with pumpkin seeds, pistachios, macadamia nuts, cashews, and Reese’s Pieces, for your next tailgate.
Pumpkin-Seed Trail Mix
Write a review
- 1¾ cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1½ cups pistachios, unsalted
- 1½ cups macadamia nuts, unsalted
- 1½ cups cashew halves
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16-ounce) package candy-coated peanut-butter pieces, such as Reese’s Pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package chopped dates
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine seeds and nuts. Drizzle with butter, tossing gently to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, rosemary, salt, peppers, and cinnamon. Pour sugar mixture over nuts and seeds, tossing to coat well. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Add candy-coated peanut-butter pieces, dates, and cranberries, stirring well to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/