Pumpkin spiced and peppered with pecans, this simple cake is a no-fuss crowd-pleaser.
Yields: 1 (13X9-Inch) Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups roughly chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, granulated sugar, oil, and eggs. Make a well in center of flour mixture; add pumpkin mixture, stirring just until combined. Gently fold in ¾ cup pecans. Pour batter into prepared dish, spreading to smooth. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup pecans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake before serving.