Parmesan and sage pair perfectly with pumpkin in this savory and slightly sweet quick bread.
Makes 2(8x4-inch) loaves
Write a review
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cups canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (8x4-inch) cast-iron loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, and pepper. Add eggs and oil, beating well. Stir in pumpkin, ¾ cup Parmesan, and sage. Divide batter between prepared pans; sprinkle tops with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/