Perfectly tender, this spiced cake is even better drenched in buttery toffee sauce.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Toffee Sauce
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Garnish: chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and sugar with a mixer
medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of at . Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. bowl
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With
on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan. mixer
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate, and let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream, brown sugar, and remaining ¼ cup butter to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely. Pour over cooled cake. Garnish with pecans.