These Puff Pastry Biscuits with Ham and Chutney will make a substantial addition to your appetizer menu. Try them with your favorite meat and cheese combination—we also love them with pork tenderloin and smoked provolone.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (2 sheets)
- ½ pound deli ham, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cranberry chutney
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheets. Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 9 rounds from each sheet. Transfer to prepared pan; brush tops with egg mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut ham into 18 rounds. Slice biscuits in half crosswise. Divide ham, cheese, and chutney evenly among bottom halves of biscuits.
- Bake until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley; top with remaining biscuit halves.
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South‘s December 2015 issue!