Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Okra
Write a review
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ pound fresh medium-size okra, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon zest, seasoned salt, and red pepper, mixing well. Fill okra halves with approximately 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture, being careful to avoid overfilling.
- Stack prosciutto, and slice lengthwise into 3 strips; cut each strip in half. Wrap prosciutto around stuffed okra, allowing prosciutto to overlap. Place okra on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until prosciutto is slightly crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/