With crisp edges and moist cake-like centers, these cookies are everything we love about pound cake.
Pound Cake Cookies
Yields: 2 dozen cookies
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating just until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Cover, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Press 1 pecan half into each ball.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on pans 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.