Red plums add beautiful color to this delicious cake-like cobbler.
Makes 6 servings.
Write a review
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 plums, halved and pitted
- 3 apricots, halved and pitted
- 3⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pour melted butter into a 11⁄2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together plums, apricots, 3 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3⁄4 cup sugar. Whisk in milk until smooth. Pour batter into prepared dish. Arrange fruit over batter, cut side up.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with almonds.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/