With a tropical flare and a touch of heat, this shandy is so addictively tasty we recommend making two batches.
Pineapple Jalapeño Shandy
Yields: 6 servings
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup clover honey
- 1 small jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1½ cups cold pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 (12-ounce) bottles cold lager beer
- Garnish: sliced jalapeño, pineapple wedges
- In a small saucepan, bring ¼ cup water, honey, and halved jalapeño to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; let steep for 15 minutes. Strain honey syrup through a fine-mesh strainer; discard jalapeño.
- In a large pitcher, muddle pineapple and sliced jalapeño. Stir in honey syrup, pineapple juice, and lime juice until well combined. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in beer. Divide mixture among 6 glasses filled with ice. Garnish with jalapeño and pineapple, if desired.