Craving a beach vacation? Tide yourself over with this easy tropical-flavored Pineapple-Coconut Cream Pie.
Pineapple-Coconut Cream Pie
Yields: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed coconut cookies, such as Archway
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package instant coconut-flavored pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- Garnish: whipped topping, chopped pineapple, toasted coconut
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of coconut and milk until smooth. Whisk in pudding mix until smooth. Stir in pineapple and sour cream; pour into prepared crust. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped topping, pineapple, and coconut just before serving.