This simple and tasty ham certainly makes any meal feel like a special occasion.
Pineapple-Brown Sugar Ham
Yields: 8-10 servings
- 1 (6- to 8-pound) bone-in smoked ham
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple
- tidbits, undrained
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a roasting pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score outside of ham. Place ham in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, thyme, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. Rub sugar mixture all over ham; pour pineapple in bottom of pan. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 160°, about 20 minutes per pound, basting with pan juices and pineapple pieces every 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with thyme, if desired.