This pimiento cheese is the perfect addition to a toasted BLT or fried green tomato sandwich. It’s sharp, creamy, and just the right amount of spicy.
Homemade Pimiento Cheese
Yield: approximately 4 cups
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red
- peppers, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimientos, drained (see note)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse cream cheese until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise, and pulse to combine.
- Add peppers and pimientos; pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add Cheddar, hot sauce, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Pulse until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Freshly grate your cheddar and use Dromedary Diced Pimientos for the best flavor and texture!
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/