Pimiento-Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños
Write a review
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 medium jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and pimientos; stir well. Add Cheddar, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers, cut side down. Cook until edges are lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Turn peppers over; sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- Place skillet in oven, and bake until peppers are tender and cheese melts, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with bacon and green onion.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/