Double down on your Southern food favorites in this crispy, cheesy combo.
Pimiento Cheese Hand Pies
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⅛ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1¾ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained and patted dry
- 2 (14.1-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, hot sauce, and ⅛ teaspoon salt until smooth. Stir in cheese and pimientos.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrusts. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water. Brush a small amount of egg wash onto edges of each round. Fill center with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Fold dough over filling, pressing out excess air. Using a fork dipped in flour, crimp edges to seal. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Lightly brush pies with egg wash; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Make a small cut in top of each pie to release steam.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve warm.