Our favorite spread is even better cradled in these flaky, buttery Pimiento Cheese Cups.
Pimiento Cheese Cups
Write a review
- 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (1 sheet)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 24-cup miniature muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl stir, together Cheddar, cream cheese, pimiento, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet; roll into a 12-inch square. Cut into 24 (2-inch) squares. Brush with egg mixture; sprinkle with paprika. Gently press each square into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin cups. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into center of each pastry, pressing cups gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South‘s December 2015 issue!