Pimiento Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Write a review
- 1 (12-ounce) package English muffins, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 (4-ounce) jars diced pimientos, drained
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch oven-safe skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place muffin pieces on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, approximately 15 minutes, stirring once. Let cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and eggs. Stir in muffin pieces, 1 cup cheese, chives, and pimientos. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Arrange bacon slices on top as desired. Cover with aluminum foil, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake until set, approximately 15 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/