Customize this colorful salad with your favorite summer veggies. We also love it with zucchini, corn, and cherry tomatoes.
Pickled Vegetable Salad
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green tomato, sliced
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Divide vegetables between 2 sterilized 1-quart Mason jars.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, salt, thyme, and red pepper to a boil over medium heat. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 weeks.