Pickled Sweet Peppers
Yield: 2 (1-pint) jars
Write a review
- 1 pound small sweet peppers, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 3 large shallots, sliced into rings
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Divide peppers and shallot evenly between jars. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, 1⁄2 cup water, garlic, sugar, salt, and red pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; discard garlic. Divide vinegar mixture evenly between jars. Seal jars, and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 24 hours or up to 1 month.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
These pictures do such a great job of outlining how great these peppers actually look. I hope when I try your recipe on my own I end up with such great looking shots! I can’t wait to try this at home and can’t wait to try the peppers once they are done! Thank you for sharing!
Have you tried canning these peppers? If so, please share your experience.
Hi Sherry! Thanks for asking! We did not test this recipe canned, but the peppers are definitely can-able. Process them for about 5 minutes in boiling water, making sure to leave 1/2-inch headspace at the top of the jar.
Hello, Can this be frozen?
We would not recommend freezing these peppers!