Pickled Sweet Peppers
Yield: 2 (1-pint) jars
Write a review
- 1 pound small sweet peppers, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 3 large shallots, sliced into rings
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Divide peppers and shallot evenly between jars. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, 1⁄2 cup water, garlic, sugar, salt, and red pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; discard garlic. Divide vinegar mixture evenly between jars. Seal jars, and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 24 hours or up to 1 month.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/