Pickled Sweet Corn
Yields: 3 (1-pint) jars
Write a review
- 8 ears fresh yellow corn, shucked
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 3 small red chile peppers, thinly sliced, such as Fresno
- 9 black peppercorns
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut corn kernels from cobs; discard cobs. In a medium bowl, combine corn kernels, shallot, peppers, peppercorns, and cumin seeds. Divide corn mixture evenly among jars. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, wine, 1⁄2 cup water, garlic, salt, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; discard garlic.
- Divide vinegar mixture evenly among jars. Seal jars, and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 24 hours or up to 1 month.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/