You’ll be the hit of the potluck if you bring this produce-packed dish.
Pickled Okra Succotash Salad
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved (seeds and ribs removed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen Fordhook lima beans, thawed and rinsed
- ¾ cup sliced pickled okra
- ½ cup (½-inch) sliced green onion
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons pickled okra brine
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon packed chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 5 slices thick-cut smoked bacon, fully cooked
- Garnish: chopped fresh dill
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray pan with cooking spray. Grill corn, turning frequently, until charred and tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool enough to handle; cut kernels off cob to measure 2 cups. Let cool completely.
- Lightly spray grill pan with cooking spray again. Place bell pepper, cut side up, in pan and grill until just charred and tender, about 5 minutes, turning once halfway through. Let cool completely and chop bell pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, beans, okra, and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, okra brine, honey, dill, garlic paste, salt, black pepper, lemon zest and juice, and paprika. Pour over corn mixture, tossing to coat. Crumble cooked bacon over salad. Garnish with dill, if desired. Serve immediately.