Who needs takeout when you can make crave-worthy fried rice at home in no time?
Pickle-Pork Fried Rice
Makes About 4 servings
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup pickle brine
- 1 pound chopped pork tenderloin
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 4 soft-cooked scrambled eggs
- Hot sauce, to serve
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sorghum, ginger, and garlic.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add pickle brine and cook for 5 minutes. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes. Add peas and carrots and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add rice and soy sauce mixture; stir to combine. Cook, without stirring, until liquid is absorbed and rice is fragrant and crispy on edges, 8 to 10 minutes more; stir in eggs. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.