We don’t know which part about these Personal Chocolate Pies we love more, the buttery crust or the fudgy filling.
Personal Chocolate Pies
Makes 6 (3½-inch pies)
Write a review
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- For dough: In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter; pulse until crumbly. With processor running, add ice water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough just comes together. Divide dough in half; shape into two disks. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- For filling: In a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine butter and chocolate; stir until melted. Remove from heat; whisk in sugars. Let cool 5 minutes. Add eggs, whisking to combine. In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough disk ⅛ inch thick. Using a 5-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds, rerolling scraps as needed. Press one round into bottoms and up sides of 6 (3½-inch) skillets. Divide cooled filling among skillets. Top each skillet with remaining dough rounds. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Cut 6 vents in top of each pie.
- Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/