12 Tastes of Christmas: peppermint! Sprinkle this holiday flavor over these crispy rice treats!
Peppermint-White Chocolate Crispy Rice Squares
Yield: approximately 1 1⁄2 dozen squares
Write a review
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8-ounce) bar white chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted
- 1 (16-ounce) package chocolate-flavored candy coating, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermints
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting foil extend over edges of pan by 2 inches. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted, approximately 5 minutes. Add white chocolate and extracts, stirring to combine. Add cereal, stirring to combine. Press into prepared pan. Let stand at least 2 hours.
- Lifting edges of foil, remove mixture from pan. Place on a cutting board, and cut in half crosswise. Spread vanilla-flavored candy coating on one half; spread chocolate-flavored candy coating on remaining half. Sprinkle evenly with peppermint. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/