A layer of creamy peppermint patties takes this dessert over the top.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (4-ounce) bar 60% cacao chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 miniature peppermint patties*
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Garnish: crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 1 minute total). Let cool for 5 minutes; whisk in granulated sugar and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour half of batter into prepared skillet. Top with peppermint patties. Gently spread remaining batter over peppermints. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream about 1 minute. Add chocolate morsels; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Immediately spread over top of brownie. Garnish with peppermint, if desired.
*We used York.