Pepper jelly lends both sweetness and bite to these bacon-wrapped shrimp.
Pepper Jelly Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
- 1⁄2 pound cherrywood-smoked bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wrap bacon once around shrimp, trimming any excess; secure with wooden picks. In a small bowl, whisk together pepper jelly, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place wrapped shrimp in an even layer in pan. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes for shrimp; turn.
- Brush pepper jelly mixture over shrimp; cook until firm to the touch, about 2 minutes. Remove wooden picks before serving.
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s March/April 2017 issue!