Store-bought pepper jelly makes a quick and flavorful glaze for roasted sprouts.
Pepper Jelly Brussels Sprouts
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon country Dijon mustard
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bacon in a 12-inch skillet; bake until crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove bacon and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add Brussels sprouts, salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to skillet, stirring until well combined.
- Bake, stirring halfway through baking, until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together pepper jelly, mustard, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add pepper jelly mixture to Brussels sprouts, stirring until well combined.
- Bake until Brussels sprouts are tender, about 5 minutes. Chop bacon and sprinkle over sprouts. Garnish with green onion, if desired. Serve immediately.