Makes 1 (9-Inch) Pie
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- On a lightly floured surface, roll piecrust into a 12-inch circle, if needed. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle pecans in prepared crust. In a large bowl, whisk together corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, salt, and vanilla until smooth; pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cover and bake until filling is almost set and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 200°, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.