Perfect with a cup of coffee, this dessert is everything we love about gooey pecan pie in cake form.
Pecan Pie Bundt Cake
Yields: 10 to 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons all-vegetable shortening
- 1⅔ cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown Sugar Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 15-cup Bundt pan with shortening. Sprinkle 1 cup pecans in pan, shaking pan to coat.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. In a small bowl, stir together corn syrup and buttermilk. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with corn syrup mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, pepper, remaining ⅔ cup pecans, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Stir in ½ cup cake batter. Dollop half of remaining batter into prepared pan. Spoon brown sugar mixture over batter in pan. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack, and let cool for 30 minutes. Pour Brown Sugar Glaze over warm cake.
Brown Sugar Glaze
Yields: ½ cup
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, and cream to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Use immediately.