The sticky sauce drizzled on top of this pecan-packed cake is as sweet as can be.
Pecan Pie Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (10-Cup) Bundt cake
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup very finely chopped raw pecans
- Toffee Sauce (recipe follows)
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk together cream and vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together toasted pecans, cocoa, and pie spice. Spoon half of batter (about 3 cups) onto pecan mixture, folding until combined.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Coat inside of pan with raw pecans, turning to coat sides and shaking out any excess. Drop heaping tablespoons of each batter into prepared pan, alternating between vanilla and pecan batters. Using a knife, swirl batter in small, circular, looping motions, being careful not to scrape bottom or sides of pan. Tap pan on a towel-lined countertop a few times to settle batter and release any air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, gently loosen center and edges of cake from pan. Invert pan onto a wire rack; let cake stand in pan for 20 minutes. Pick up wire rack with Bundt pan on top, and lightly tap on countertop to loosen cake; remove from pan and place wire rack over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool completely. Serve with Toffee Sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar and butter to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until sugar is fully dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cream, pie spice, and salt. Whisk mixture until cream is fully incorporated and beginning to simmer, about 5 minutes.