If you enjoy a mix of sweet and savory tastes, you’ll like this Pecan-Goat Cheese Dutch baby.
Pecan-Goat Cheese Dutch Baby
Write a review
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup pecan halves, toasted
- Garnish: cane syrup, crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, goat cheese, vanilla, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Add butter to skillet; let melt. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake until puffy and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Top with pecans. Garnish with cane syrup and goat cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/