Creamy peanut butter pie with a cinnamon graham-cracker crust.
Peanut Butter Pie
Write a review
- 1 (5-ounce) sleeve cinnamon Graham crackers (approximately 9 whole crackers)
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped peanuts, and sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine Graham crackers, peanuts, and sugar; pulse until finely ground, 5 to 6 times. Add butter; pulse until blended, 3 to 4 times. Reserve 1 tablespoon crumb mixture for garnish. Spoon crumb mixture into prepared pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides, using the back of a measuring cup.
- Bake until lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl occasionally. Add confectioners’ sugar, beating to blend. Add cream; beat on low speed until combined. Increase speed to high; beat just until mixture is thick. (Be careful not to overbeat.) Spread filling into prepared crust. Cover, and refrigerate until firm, approximately 4 hours. Garnish with reserved 1 tablespoon cracker crumbs, chopped peanuts, and sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/