It’s peanut butter jelly time! Peanut Butter and Jelly Monte Cristo Sandwiches.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Write a review
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices Texas-toast bread
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jelly
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each of 4 bread slices. Spread 1 tablespoon jelly on each of remaining 4 bread slices. Place peanut-butter-coated and jelly-coated sides of bread together to form 4 sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream and eggs.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Dip sandwich into egg mixture, and cook in skillet until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/