Crispy-chewy and filled with peanut buttery goodness, these cookies hit all your dessert cravings.
Peanut Butter-Filled Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Yield: 12 sandwich cookies
Write a review
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2⁄3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and cocoa. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and milk. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Add chocolate; beat until combined. (Dough will be thick.)
- Divide dough into 24 portions (approximately 3 tablespoons each); place dough onto prepared pans, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with fingertips.
- Bake until puffed but not completely set, approximately 12 minutes. Let cool on pan 2 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat peanut butter and cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until thickened and smooth. Cover, and refrigerate while cookies cool.
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons peanut butter mixture on flat side of 12 cookies. Top with remaining cookies, flat side down, pressing gently.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/