Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel Ice Cream Cake
Write a review
- 6 cups salted caramel ice cream, softened, such as Blue Bell
- 28 peanut butter cups, such as Reese’s
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 chocolate wafers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared caramel sauce
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to extend over edges of pan. Spread ice cream in bottom of prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Press peanut butter cups into ice cream to create an even layer. Freeze until slightly firm, approximately 15 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter over peanut butter cups, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Press wafers into peanut butter in an even layer. Wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or up to 3 weeks.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Using edges of paper as handles, remove cake from pan. Invert cake onto a serving platter. Top with whipped cream. Drop teaspoonfuls of caramel over whipped cream. Using the back of a spoon, swirl caramel into whipped cream.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/