Fresh peaches make this dessert a summertime standout. Find it in our Southern Pies & Icebox Desserts special issue.
Peaches and Cream Icebox Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 1½ cups gingersnap crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (3-ounce) package cheesecake-flavored instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- ½ cup peach preserves, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh peaches
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, fresh mint leaves
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, reducing milk to 1½ cups. Fold in sour cream. Pour into prepared crust; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spoon ¼ cup peach preserves over filling; swirl gently using a knife. Stir together peaches and remaining ¼ cup preserves. Top pie with whipped cream; spoon peach mixture over top. Sprinkle with mint, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/