Sweet peaches are cooked with spices and swirled into a creamy vanilla ice cream. Find the Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Base recipe here.
Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
Makes 2 quarts.
Write a review
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Base (see link above)
- In a medium saucepan, stir together peaches, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, almond extract, and nutmeg. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook peach mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Transfer Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Base to an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Swirl in peach mixture. Transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/