Creamy and cooling, this Peach Icebox Pie from The B.T.C. Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook is a delicious and seasonal take on a classic. Be sure to use fresh peaches!
- 1 (11-ounce) box vanilla wafers, divided
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced (about 2 cups)
- For crust: In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse half of wafers into fine crumbs. Add sugar, pulsing until combined. Gradually add melted butter, pulsing until mixture comes together. Press mixture into bottom and one-third up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Line edge of pie plate with half of remaining vanilla wafers. (Reserve remaining wafers for another use.)
- For filling: In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk, lemon juice, and peaches. Pour into prepared crust. Freeze until set, approximately 4 hours.
Recipe and photo adapted with permission from The B.T.C. Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook by Alexe Van Beuren with recipes by Dixie Grimes, (Clarkson Potter, 2014)
Photography Courtesy of Ed Anderson