Buttery-crunchy biscuits float in a sweet sea of bubbly peach goodness in this Peach Cobbler.
Makes approximately 8 servings
- 5 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches or 2 (20-ounce) packages frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 2½-quart baking dish, place peaches. Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup flour, and extract; stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ½ cup sugar, remaining 1¼ cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream, stirring gently until a dough forms.
- Tear dough into 3-inch round pieces; arrange over peach mixture. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 3220 Fat: 117g Saturated fat: 72g Unsaturated fat: 37g Trans fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 536g Sugar: 377g Sodium: 1837mg Fiber: 17g Protein: 30g Cholesterol: 346mg