Filled with surprises like crumbled sweet biscuits and ripe peaches, this cool and creamy peach ice cream is perfect for your next potluck.
Peach Cobbler Ice Cream
Yield: approximately 1 gallon
Write a review
- Almond Shortbread Topping (recipe precedes)
- 4 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide Almond Shortbread Topping into 8 rounds; place on prepared pan, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly; crumble.
- In a large skillet, combine peaches, sugar, orange juice, and bourbon. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; stir into peach mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form, 4 to 6 minutes. Add condensed milk; beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in half-and- half and extract. Stir in peach mixture.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions for 30 minutes. Stir
- in crumbled Almond Shortbread Topping. Freeze 2 hours or overnight.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/