The perfect balance of sweet and tart, Holmsted Fines Peach Chutney gives this ham an amazing crust.
Peach Chutney Glazed Ham
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) jar peach chutney*
- ¼ cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 (10- to 11-pound) smoked ham (shank portion)
- ½ cup water
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, fresh celery leaves, fresh bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a roasting pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In the container of a blender, combine chutney and mustard; process until smooth.
- Using a knife, lightly score outside of ham. Place ham in prepared pan; pour ½ cup water in pan. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake, brushing ham with chutney mixture every 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 148°, about 1½ hours more, loosely covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with parsley, celery leaves, and bay leaves, if desired.
*We used Holmsted Fines Peach Chutney.