Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup bourbon or to taste
- 1 teaspoon bitters, such as angostura
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle sparkling water, chilled
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1⁄2 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until sugar dissolves, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Pour sugar mixture into a pitcher. Add peaches, bourbon, and bitters. Cover, and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 2 hours. Just before serving, add sparkling water. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/