Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (2 sheets)
- 8 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 piecrust into a 12-inch circle. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, allowing dough to extend over edges of plate.
- In a large bowl, stir together peaches, blueberries, sugar, flour, butter, and nutmeg. Spoon into prepared piecrust.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining piecrust into an 11-inch circle. Place over fruit filling. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Cut 4 vents in top.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes. (Loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.) Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/