Ginger adds a hint of spice to this dessert.
Peach-Blackberry Cobbler with Ginger
Makes 8 servings
- 5 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches (about 5 peaches)
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅜ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- Cobbler Dough strips (recipe follows)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plain yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, toss together peaches, brown sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, ginger, and salt; gently fold in blackberries. Spoon mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish. Arrange Cobbler Dough strips in a lattice design.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water. Brush egg wash over dough. Sprinkle top of dough with granulated sugar.
- Bake until top is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; pulse until combined. Add cold butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. With processor running, add cream, and process until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Remove dough from processor; bring dough together with hands.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough ⅛ inch thick. Cut dough to desired width strips; freeze remaining dough.