Can’t find fresh blackberries? Substitute fresh raspberries or blueberries.
Peach-Blackberry Cobbler with Ginger Crumble
Makes about 12 servings.
Write a review
- 6 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a shallow 21⁄2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- For filling: Place peaches, blackberries, lemon juice, and vanilla in prepared dish. Add sugar and flour; stir well. Place butter over filling.
- For topping: In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and ginger; stir well. Sprinkle over filling. 4. Bake until topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. (Loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.) Serve warm with ice cream.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/