Feel like a kid again after one bite of this easy cobbler inspired by a classic lunchbox favorite.
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 6 cups halved black seedless grapes
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14-ounce) package refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, such as Pillsbury
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together grapes, 1⁄3 cup sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Spoon grape mixture into an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes. Separate cookie dough according to package directions; press cookies with a fork to form a crosshatch design. Top cobbler with cookies; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake until cookies are set and filling is bubbling, approximately 30 minutes. Loosely cover with aluminum foil halfway through cooking to prevent excess browning. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/