Is there a limit to the delicious ways to use peanut butter and jelly? We haven’t found it yet—and we’re thoroughly enjoying the search.
PB&J Bread Pudding
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 7 cups challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2⅔ cups half-and-half
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup grape jelly, divided
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8×8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together bread cubes and half-and-half. Let stand at room temperature while proceeding.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in peanut butter. Add sugars, whisking until combined. Remove from heat; slowly whisk in beaten eggs. Pour over bread mixture, gently folding to combine. Spoon half of bread mixture into prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk jelly until smooth. Randomly drop half of jelly by 1 tablespoonfuls over bread mixture. Top with remaining bread mixture, and repeat process with remaining jelly. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.