Prep this irresistible breakfast the evening before, pop it in the oven in the morning, and watch it bake to perfection.
Overnight Peach French Toast Casserole
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 16 slices
- 1 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread slices in prepared dish, overlapping slightly. Arrange peaches over bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugars, preserves, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over peaches and bread. Pour melted butter over casserole. Spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray and place over casserole, spray side down, sealing. Refrigerate overnight (about 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans and confectioners’ sugar. Serve with maple syrup.