Feel free to eat cake for breakfast with this citrusy sweet.
Orange Roll Bundt
Makes 1 (6-cup) Bundt
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed orange zest (about 1 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Orange Glaze
- 2¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 6-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, layer dough sheets on top of each other. Roll intoa 14×9-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and orange zest.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread butter onto dough. Sprinkle with orange-sugar mixture, leaving a ½-inch border on one short side. Starting with opposite short side, roll up dough, jelly roll style; pinch seam to seal. Gently shape log to 9 inches long and even thickness, if necessary. Using a serrated knife dipped in flour, cut log into 9 (1-inch-thick) slices. Place slices in prepared Bundt pan at a slight angle, making sure ends are up against centerof pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with Orange Glaze. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 cups confectioners’ sugar and orange juice until smooth. Add remaining ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, whisk until smooth. (Mixture will be thick.) Use immediately.